Saturday, August 11, 2007

Praying in Oklahoma

Hello Family
I'm sitting here at work thinking about Grandma Ruby, I wanted to think of a way for all of us far away who cant be at her side right now to let her know we love her and are thinking about her. I know she is probably to tiered to talk on the phone, so I thought I would get on here and write a few things that are on my mind. Then Misty for the first time becomes speechless? I got it! Favorite story, memory, or thought of Grandma Ruby! When I think of Grandma...........

I think of CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES! OH YEAH Nothing better than a couple warm chocolate chip pancakes on a cool spring morning right before a long day of horse back ridding with your good Ole Uncle Abraham! I think of long beautiful rows of pea's and I see Grandma at the end of them with one of her big silver bowls full of fresh pea's. I think I ate more fresh peas then I ever ate cooked! I remember Grandma saying be easy with my tomatoes just a couple little shovel fulls then plant them easily in the ground Misty Dawn. Put a little stick right there and show the vine where to go! I look up at grandma and say I thought you said these things grew under ground, Grandma looked down at me smiled and said No dear that is the potatoes over there! Those are red potatoes. Now take these peas on in to the house and try not to spill them. Grandma does the best french braid in the world! I loved it when she would braid my hair for me. It was always perfect! I remember the first time I came to Missouri she had one of those mushroom things growing on the counter. I thought that was the coolest thing in the world and before I left to go home to Mississippi she gave me the baby one to take home. When I think of Grandmas house I always think of the big family get together's and my favorite dinner American tacos! OHHH OHHH HOME MADE ROLLS!! not just any home made rolls Grandmas HOME MADE ROLLS ! On Turkey Day I don't even eat turkey I fill up on Grandmas rolls! I think of D-Tee's when I think of Grandma. It makes me miss the Ole station. Well I guess I need to let other people talk about Grandma and tell us there thoughts ! So I love ya Grandma and I hope you get to feeling better!
~The Daugherty Family~

No comments: